Currencies: EGP, EGP/USD 6.035
Working Hours: 9.45am â€“ 2.30 pm (Egypt â€“ GMT+2)
No of Listed Companies: 213 Companies
Market Capital: 300 B EGP / 50 B USD ($)
Settlement Cycle: T+2
|Most Active Stocks in USD (3m avg volume x Biggest Weight in the Index close)
||Biggest Weight in the Index
- Market Order
- Limit Order
- Limit Order (Minimum fill, All or none, Fill or kill, Fill and kill )
|Example Investor ID
Limit Up & Limit Down
5% up or 10% down the market session will be suspended for 30 minutes, 10% up or 10% down, the session will be suspended for another 30 minutes, Certain symbols are limit down and limit up to 5% only , for the list of symbols please contact us.
Time in Force Restrictions
- Good till day
- Good till week
- Good till month
- Good till date
- Good till cancel
- Price – the order with the best price has the highest queue priority
- Cross – the lowest priority is given for matching an order of the same buyer and seller broker
- Time – at a single price level, time of entry of an order governs its priority on a First in First Out (FIFO) basi
- Special Term – orders with the least trading restrictions will be given priority over orders with greater restrictions
- Amend order price or quantity will loss the priority if increase the price, Increase the Quantity, or decrease the price , the only case will not loss the priority if decrease the quantity
- During pre open 10 minutes before open of regular trading orders cant be placed, amended or cancelled
- Certain stocks have to be traded on within the same day, these stock are reviewed every quarter
- Market Regulator is The Egyptian Financial Supervisory Authority
Foreign Investor Laws
Foreign investor restrictions are applied to trades on the following symbols.
Companies traded in another currency other than the local currency.
Companies Listed on the OTC Market.
The companies listed in the OTC market are as follows:
No limits ups and limit downs for symbols traded on the OCT Market.